1) Alexander Wang Strappy Sandals £600 Vs Choies Strappy Sandals £65.99
2) Three Floor Dress £168 Vs Choies Dress £46
3) Black Milk Leaf Leggings ($75 AD/ £45) Vs Motel Leaf Leggings £25
4) SEA Leather Skirt Via Matches.com £410 Vs Asos faux-leather Skirt £25
5) Topshop Printed Swimming Costume £35 Vs Tesco Printed Swimming Costume £16
6) Peter Pilotto Printed Skirt Via Matches.com £591 Vs Topshop Printed Skirt now on sale for £20!!
7) Topshop Leather Fringed Dress £85 Vs Miss Luxe Faux-Leather Fringe Dress £29.99
My friend Sophie and I always talk about the topic of how brands get away with copying other brands.
Now, some items from different stores do look the same but it’s not that they’re copying, but rather the fact that the design they’re sharing is what’s ‘in’ at the moment and they’re simply providing us shoppers with the latest trends. And that’s fine, it’s understandable.
But when it comes to items like the Choies/Three Floor dress, I just don’t get it! Are they allowed to do that? Can they get in trouble?! What ARE the rules? I have to point out that I’m by no means complaining, as without these brilliant little look-a-likes from the likes of Choies, I’d never be able to afford the beaaautiful items like the look-a-like Three Floor dress and Wang sandals ( and for that, I’m extremely grateful). But I am very curious as to how they get away it.
That aside, I do hope you enjoy this weeks saving finds. Personally ( I know I’m biased) I think that they’re prettttttty good. I’m a little bit in love with the Miss Luxe leather dress, especially as it’s a big fat £55 cheaper than the Topshop one! Now, Topshop, I love you with all my heart, but how am I going to scrimp together £85?! I really wish I was going to a festival this year as I think the fringe dress would make the perfect festival staple piece. What do you think?
I was also extremely pleased and shocked to find this beautiful swimming costume in TESCO! Who’d have thought it! I have posted in the past about the rise of Supermarket fashion, and at the moment it certainly seems that F&F at Tesco is taking the lead ( go and have a little peak online, I spotted some great pieces earlier!) I’m tempted to buy it and wear it as a top opposed to a swimming costume ( as I’m not going away this year), but if any of you are lucky enough to be heading abroad this summer, I think it’s definitely one you need to purchase!
Have a wondeerrrful day whatever you’re up to guys.