In true procrastination style, as most of my blogs are written, instead of doing my ever so boring 4000 word essay ( on BLUSHING – ergh), I have again found myself scouring through the internet and inevitably, window shopping!
Much to my delight, after going through nearly every website I could think of, what I noticed was there are lots and lots of clothes about at the moment that really remind me of the Victorian Era! Being an English student, it is safe to say that I am very happy with this as the Victorian Era in terms of literature is one of my faves – and now it seems, one of my faves in relation to fashion too!
Of course, Victorian means blacks, creams, velvet’s, collars, lace, and all things that are rather Gothic. Here are a few of my favourite bits and pieces that I will be adding to my Christmas List, enabling me to channel the one and only MISS HAVISHAM! ( If you don’t know who she is, you need to read some of Dickens’ ‘ Great Expectations’! – or not, as the film is out now I believe)
- Ark Black Jamila Velvet Maxi Dress £24.99
- TOPSHOP CROCHET LACE FLIPPY DRESS £48
- BOOHOO Molly Lace and Mesh Detail Maxi Dress £30
- CHELSEA GIRL @ RIVER ISLAND CREAM LACE FRONT BLOUSE £24
- Oh My Love @ Ark Burgundy Peterpan Dress £38.99
- River Island CREAM LACE MAXI SKIRT £32
- TOPSHOP LACE PANEL CHIFFON CROP TOP £22
Now to get back to my essay, HOORAH